The Staunton Waynesboro Augusta Tennis Association is beginning its first season of junior team tennis this
summer on July 10th. Boys and girls ages 8 - 18 meet for instruction on Wednesdays at 6 pm and then for
match-play on Thursdays at 6 pm. Players are placed on teams which will compete for a championship! The
league runs for 6 consecutive weeks. The rain date for any missed Wednesdays or Thursdays will be the
following Monday evening. All the action takes place at Mary Baldwin University tennis courts. Cost of the
league is $100 payable to SWAT. Discounts for siblings.
- Must be born on or after September 1st, 2000.
- Must be able to maintain a rally of 5 balls in a row from the baseline.
- Must be able to serve from the baseline, to the correct box, 5 out of 10 serves.
- Must already know the basics of scoring.
If your junior is on the borderline of these qualifications or slightly below, we suggest signing up for SWAT
Youth Tennis Camps during the month of June. Players in the league will compete in singles and doubles over
the six week period. Every player will receive a t-shirt for their respective team. Team shirts, tennis shorts or
skirts, and tennis shoes should be worn to all matches.
For more information on the league, contact Chris Stambaugh at (252) 396-1691 or (540) 887-7156
- Week 1, July 10-11
- Week 2, July 17-18
- Week 3, July 24-25
- Week 4, July 31 – August 1
- Week 5, August 7-8
- Week 6, Championships, August 14-15